Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Writer of My Life

There was a time, I was once lost,
Couldn't find the light, when the hope's gone,
But I realized the beauty of Your grace,
You amazed me through the painting of Your love.

Now it's the time, I surrender,
Let tongue confess, let knees bow down,
Oh here I come Jesus, hold my hands,
You're amazing You're the savior of my life.

CHORUS:
Jesus let Yours be done,
My life's created flawlessly,
And I trust in Your plan I live,
There's hope behind the pain.

Jesus let Yours be done,
Heal me with blood of sacrifice,
Lord I'm saved... 'cause You're...
The writer of my life.

BRIDGE:
For the thousand times I fall,
You will never let me down,
For the beauty of Your grace,
I can't thank You more than this...


Well, the song above is my first worship song. I have composed some songs before this though. But not worship songs. Well so, overall, this is my fifth song.

So yea, I chose the title 'The Writer of My Life' and composed the lyric based on my personal experience, which might be too long to write it here. Not a perfect lyric, but trust me, those words came out purely from my heart :)

With suggestions from my FCL, ce Rani, I continued to compose the whole lyric. For the melodies, we did it together (Sorry Carol, if we're too noisy >.<). I tried to find the chords using guitar but since my ability is quite... errr... how to say, I think I really have to learn more. I am just an amateur. So we were asking help from others. A friend of ce Rani's (Ivan) was willing to be a guitarist during our performance last night and another one (Ko Sam) was really helpful in finding the variations for intro and interlude (he's a genius!). Btw, I played the intro and interlude parts using violin. Not good enough though. I was quite nervous that time and I almost lost my rhythm. I trembled. I couldn't even hold my bow properly. It ended up producing weird sounds (but I feel relived since no one realized it, maybe few only). And honestly, my vibrato was really bad. I want to learn more! I love violin so much! :(

Win or lose, I won't care. I've tried my best. I composed the song for God. All for God. No other motivation. If we win, I'll be so grateful. If we don't, I'll be still thankful for this beautiful experience.

How I hope this song could bless others!

~Asa~

No comments:

Post a Comment