Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Soak and Drown


Being the reason of someone’s happiness, even if it’s just for a moment is a precious feeling. I love seeing, or if it’s possible, making people smile, because there’s something about smiling that brings out the best in individuals. For the same reason, I surround myself with those people who always try to make my days brighter and my nights warmer. I really love to be around those who constantly add sweet flavor into my dark chocolate ice cream. So, let me share the lesson I learnt through my sharing session with a beautiful individual who always lifts up others and helps as many people as possible bloom to their fullest potential.

One of my closest friends in my home club in Toastmasters, a passionate soul, dedicated educator, a kind-hearted woman with all of her imperfections and quirks, but somehow always manages to be an exemplary leader for everyone. Just like the meaning of her name, she’s a blazing honeycomb-yellow sun, born naturally with leading personalities. That evening, when we’re out for dinner, she taught me valuable lesson that I couldn’t find anywhere else, especially since we’re both are educators. It’s been quite some time since I had such memorable talk with someone and I felt content for many reasons I can’t elaborate.

She’s well-known and well-loved amongst kids. Not only because she’s motherly, but also because she has the capability of spreading joy and nurturing others into the best individuals alive. No wonder she’s loved. No wonder she’s beautiful. However the main ingredient to produce such great impact on those little monsters whom we called blessings might look simple but practically not so.

It’s love. It’s all about love. Pure. Wholeheartedly.

“I am even willing to roll on the floor with those kids, get my shirt dirty. I’m willing to do whatever I’m capable of to make them learn happily. None of them would ever heard something negative out of my mouth because positive words are the key to every locked door.” She said with an expression I almost couldn’t guess, but I’m pretty sure, it’s passion.

I was scratching my head, feeling astonished to know how someone’s able to pour so much love to whom she works for. Yes, she’s definitely not working for the school, but she’s working for better generation. A labor of love. A type of love that sometimes can’t be understood, where it overflows through our whole blood vessel and fills our system with euphoria and agony at the same time. Such a nonsense, but it exists.

“It’s easy to provide knowledge to them, but not just everyone can win their hearts. At the time we decided to jump into education field, we have to make sure that we soak ourselves and get drown—drown to the deepest point because there’s no way out. We have to do it wholeheartedly.”

They said, words are more powerful than any weapon on earth. The positive influence of words can reach millions of hearts and minds. Those words of hers that day have been ringing continuously and probably they’re going to stay for a long long time with me. Thus, I took time to reflect and found out that I had been living my life dishonestly.

Have I really soaked myself? Has it been deep enough? Have I done it right?

It’s never too late to get drown and love our lives wholeheartedly, it’s not only about the things we do, but also about those people around us. Give a full effort in everything, treat everyone with the same respect, love without restraint and reciprocation, because in the end of the day, those beautiful smiles of theirs would always be our most cherished memory.

-ASA-

2 comments:

  1. Wahhhhhh so good ya ibukk .semangat😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Source of inspirationnya juga warrr biasa sihh hahhahaa thank youuu :*

      Delete