Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Masterpiece, Bursts in Colours



I used to describe a person in one specific colour, because it's easier to paint a picture of someone rather than to characterize him words by words. Well, not talking about skin colour obviously, but it's the colour that's displayed based on personality and attitude.

In 2017, when I first joined my home club in Toastmasters, I couldn't help but judged the other members based on colours too. That tall tidy guy with pomade hair and glasses, he has the colour of silver which describes elegance, wisdom, responsibility and dignity. That young girl who is still a student in a university, she has the colour of red which reflects bravery, passion and a very strong energy to learn. That athletic guy who speaks in a sophisticated accent showed a bright yellow colour as a representative of how a human being can be so intellectual, open-minded and attractive.

So, I saw them in colours. But generally, in just single colour. That was how I perceived people in general but then more and more details would come up after being trapped in an awkwardly beautiful connection called friendship.

As time passed by, it's not hard to get attached with one another after learning about and receiving each other's flaws. I was amazed on how we could build such strong bonding within a very short span of time. The road we're walking on isn't always smooth. We had disagreement and misunderstanding sometimes, but that bumpy road led us to be stronger, especially when we're finally willing to compromise. Gradually, I realized these people in my home club, they exist in more than just single colour because each of them is a masterpiece that bursts in colours. Even more than dozens of colours. And that's just how fascinating a human being can be.

Apart from always looking steady and professional, they taught me that it's totally fine if we messed up sometimes. Craving for love desperately today and having a desire of being alone the next day, it's understandable somehow. And by the time we run way too fast until we can't catch our breath, it's absolutely not a sin to slow down.

Just like them, you and I are not simply red, silver or yellow. We're not always static, we don't follow the same path. People learn throughout time and experience for continual growth and discovery ups and downs, it's just cruel to imprison them in one colour. Most often the case is, we get so disappointed when they don't appear as the colour we perceived.

But again, let's remind ourselves that we're not just happy or angry. There are numerous emotions running through our head, that's how splendid it is. We don't always know what we want and where we're headed and amazingly, it is fine too because our complex emotions, imperfection and vulnerability turn us to be a masterpiece.

And I guess, I am one of the luckiest because my home club is a non-judgemental community where I am free to burst in colours and watch them burst too.

That's how usually love starts.

-ASA-

4 comments:

  1. Love grows and flourishes from the process of watching peole burst in colors and accepting who they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Area Director! Thanks for dropping by. Yea, that’s perfect summary for a long implicit post hahahaha! I cant wait to love more people around ❤️

      Delete
  2. I like your writing style sis ��

    Laila-Medan 1st

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laila, thank you so much for reading my post and supporting me :D
      Hope to see you around :)

      Delete