Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The stage

Dear readers, I'm back :)

As I'm reminiscing the past I've been through, it triggers me to blog at this hour. Somehow, I miss the stage. I've joined many singing competitions since I was young. I love singing, as hobby, however unlike my sister, I told myself that I wouldn't take it seriously. So, I was joining the competition just for fun. But surprisingly, I began to love it more and more.

Once, I was so proud of myself. I won the first place when I was in junior high school. People began to know me and praise me. In senior high school, I won again as the first winner, singing national songs amongst many students from different schools. I was quite happy with my talent that time. So it motivated me to practice more often. I joined another competition few months after it in Medan. I won the second place. I was satisfied with it. And it did give me courage to keep practicing, I wanted to be the best.

It was just a dream though. One of my dreams. I have too many dreams until I think that I'm kinda greedy, no? The last competition I joined was band competition. Our band won the third place and I became the best vocalist. And then I stopped. I never step on the stage anymore, except during my relative's wedding party or birthday party.

I was just thinking. If only I had continued to sing, most probably I wouldn't have been standing here, where I am now. So, where would I be?

Okay, you might have been wondering why I posted something like this so sudden. I'm wondering too. I just miss the competition. Sometimes, I've been thinking that I am not as good as I used to, I don't even have any courage to join any competition anymore, since many good singers today are ready to make me worry about my own ability. But if I do have chance, of course I want to. I've been missing the competitions, the nervous feeling and those heartbeats...

I'm not bragging anything. I'm writing what I want to, so don't think that I'm showing off in front of you guys now. But that's true. I used to be a very good singer until I stopped. I'm not anymore.

I miss the stage, really :(

~Asa~

No comments:

Post a Comment